Wheelhouse agrees to abide by the following COVID-19 Sanitation Protocols:
We shall ensure employee safety with proper staffing, sick policies, written documentation and contingency plans. Our dispensary shall implement:
- We are ensuring we have emergency contact information readily available for each of our staff.
- Staff who are presenting signs of illness must be sent home immediately.
- We shall regularly check in with staff to see if there’s anything else they need to feel supported.
- Allow any personnel that can work from home to do so.
- Ask employees not to share food or snacks.
- Provide our staff with an Injury and Illness Prevention Plan (IIPP)
We have adjusted retail flow to accommodate social distancing and sanitation protocols. We have implemented the following:
- We will only be servicing in-store pickup and delivery.
- Orders must be placed online.
- Our in-store pick up will be serviced by a walk up window system. Customers are not allowed inside the store at any point for the time being.
- There will be two windows designated for payments and one window for dispensing orders.
- A guard will be outside for security purposes advising customers to follow the 6ft distancing rule while they wait to pay or to receive their order.
- Have security guards ask customers if the customer is experiencing shortness of breath, fever or cough.
- Postpone in-store Vendor Demonstrations.
- Accommodate Senior Citizens with personal assistance to minimize potential exposure time.
- Our daily deals and membership discounts will remain the same with the exception of “Customer Appreciation” which will be paused until further notice.
- Operation methods are subject to change at any given moment if instituted by the city.
We have adjusted distribution and inventory room sanitation protocols. We have implemented the following:
- Put up signage at distribution entrance asking distributors to maintain 6 feet of distance between themselves and others when bringing in product.
- Retail employees to disinfect all door handles, tables and countertops in the inventory room before and after each distribution drop.
- Encourage distributors to wipe down the bins they use to carry product boxes into the inventory room after each delivery.
- Instruct retail employees to wear latex gloves when receiving products.
- Prevent retail and distribution employees from coming into close contact during product reception; ensure all interactions take place with at least 6 feet of distance between each person.
- When signatures are required, ask the distributor to leave paperwork on a table and then back away, giving retail employees at least 6 feet of space to review.
- After checking distributor packages, COAs, manifests, and handling payments, retail employees shall remove gloves and sanitize/wash hands for at least 20 seconds before touching any other surfaces in the inventory room or retail storefront.
- Replaced handshakes with waves or verbal greetings.
We have implemented more in-depth cleaning procedures and health protection protocols across our storefront operations to include:
- Wear gloves while handling cash.
- All staff must wash hands frequently with hot soapy water for 20 seconds.
- All staff are to avoid touching their eyes, nose & mouth with unwashed hands.
- Staff are instructed to cover their mouth and nose with a tissue when coughing or sneezing; dispose of tissue and then immediately wash hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Disinfect door handles, counter tops, POS & high-touch surfaces every 30 minutes. Consider disinfecting the counter after each transaction. Maintain a cleaning log.
- Do not shake hands, touch or embrace others.
- Communicate with customers about our new health and safety protocols so they feel safe when shopping with us.
For delivery, we shall insure our drivers and customers are protected with the following practices:
- Provide latex gloves for delivery personnel.
- Personnel must use hand sanitizer and rub hands together for 60 seconds before handling orders to be delivered.
- After reviewing government-issued IDs from customers and receiving cash, personnel must use hand sanitizer and rub hands together for 60 seconds before touching other items in the vehicle.
- Avoid touching eyes, nose & mouth with unwashed hands.
- Use disinfectant wipes to clean the steering wheel, door handle and other high-touch surfaces frequently during delivery shifts.
- Encourage personnel to thank the customer and ask how they are doing; in these times of social distancing, a little kindness goes a long way.
- Encourage customers to wash their hands after returning inside their homes.